I finally got around to getting my motors working

I finally got around to getting my motors working. The new GPIO breakout board that I purchased helped a lot. I had some of my wiring reversed and the breakout board made it a lot easier to see where everything needed to go. As for what was wrong during my first test, I’ll just say I was up really late when I took that last video and my brain wasn’t really functioning on all cylinders.

I think my next step is either going to be to attach the sonar sensor or hook up some audio. I installed a program called espeak onto my raspberry pi and a python library so now I can easily make my robot talk as it interacts with it’s environment. Espeak allows me to code text to speech. The voice sounds like Stephen Hawking with an English accent. I hope to have a video of that soon.

This entry was posted in robotics. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply